2015 Mini Stocks Rules
The rules and /or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND /OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rues is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Rules apply at all times car is on track. Snell-rated SA2005, SA 2010, SA2015 helmet required. Roll bar padding required in driver compartment. Recommended: Fire retardant padding. SFI-approved full fire suit required. Fire retardant gloves, shoes and neck brace (or head and neck restraint) required. Recommended: Fire retardant head sock and underwear, collapsible steering shaft. Driver-side window net required, minimum 16 inch by 20 inch ribbon or mesh style (1), and must be mounted to roll cage so latch is at top front of window. Minimum three inch (two inch with head restraint system) wide SFT-approved five point safety belt assembly required must be mounted securely to main roll cage. Safety belts no more than two years old. Kill switch required within easy reach of driver and must be clearly marked “OFF” and “ON”.
- BODY/CHASSIS: Any front wheel drive, compact car with three or four cylinder engine. All cars must remain strictly OEM. Must be unaltered OEM-appearing body. No station wagons, convertibles or two seat sport cars allowed, no Honda CRX. OEM steel unaltered floor pan only. Inner fenders may not be removed. Hood and trunk lid/hatch must be securely fastened All doors must be securely welded or bolted. All glass, exterior lights, chrome/plastic trim and hood insulation must be removed. Dash may be removed, but can remain. Maximum seven inch front and rear sun visors allowed, opera window may be closed. Skirting allowed, must maintain OEM appearance. Car number thickness must be at least a minimum 2 inches and maximum 4 inches and 20 inches tall and clearly visible, on both sides and top of car.
- VEHICE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (V.I.N.): The V.I.N. must remain clearly visible and unaltered in at least one of the OEM locations. Any car missing the V.I.N will not be allowed to compete.
- BUMPERS/RUB RAILS: Bumpers must be approved OEM in OEM location, welded, chained or cabled to frame. Front and rear tow hooks mandatory. OEM bumper covers should remain. May have one horizontal bar - maximum 1.75 inch OD – tying front frame horns together ahead of radiator. Maximum one inch wide by two inch tall steel or Lexan rub rails allowed – bolted flush to body. No sharp edges allowed on bumpers, rub rails or bolts. No bars past outside edge of body other than rub rails
- ROLL CAGE: Six-point, full perimeter roll cage required, Must use minimum 1.5 inch O.D. with 0.095 inch wall thickness tubing. Rear hoop must have “X” bracing configuration. Rear kickers required. Recommended: front brace bar from main halo to front cowl. Forward brace bar allowed from main cage to front strut tower. Must have 1.25 inch minimum O.D. cross bar in top halo. Cage must be electric welded and attached using adequate plating (Recommended: minimum 0.25 inch). No iron, galvanized pipe or fittings, square tubing, brazing or soldering allowed. Mild steel or cage tubing only.
- DOOR BARS: Minimum three horizontal door bars on driver side and two horizontal door bars on passenger side. Both sides must have vertical bracing from top to bottom door bars. All tubing must be minimum 1.75 inch O.D. with 0.095 inch wall thickness. Steel door plates, 18 gauge or 0.049 inch minimum thickness, must be securely welded to outside of door bars on driver side. Plate must cover area from top door bar to frame and from rear down post to five inches in front of seat. Must be visible for inspection.
- DRIVER COMPARTMENT: Minimum three windshield bars and protective screen mounted in front of driver. Aluminum high- back racing seat required. Must be securely mounted to roll cage using 0.375 inch bolts. Driver must be sealed off from track, engine, transmission and fuel cell/tank. No mirrors. Not gutting allowed except for roll/door bar clearance. All flammable material, radio and air bags must be removed. Front and rear firewalls must remain and have no holes Interior must remain open.
- SUSPENSION AND STEERING: All components and mounts must be unaltered, OEM and match year, make/model of car used. Brace bar allowed between strut towers in front and rear. No other bracing allowed on front end. No weight jacks, modifications, racing components, aftermarket or homemade traction devices allowed. Rear wheels must track straight ahead and be in alignment with front wheels. No more than 5 degrees camber on any wheel.
- SPRINGS/SHOCKS/STRUTS: All shocks and struts must remain OEM, in OEM location. OEM springs may not be modified.
- TIRES AND WHEELS: OEM DOT 13, 14, 15 or 16 inch diameter unaltered passenger tires only. Minimum 60 series, snow tires with 50 % or more wear, M, N, P, Q, R, S, T, and H speed rated tires only. No racing, mud tires. No re-caps, softening, conditioning, grinding, sanding, siping or grooving allowed. Must be OEM steel or aluminum wheels, with standard bead bump and maximum seven inch width. Reinforcing of wheels recommended. Front wheels must be the same size and offset as rear wheels. Tires must be inside of body. NO wheel spacers or bleeder valves. One inch O.D. steel lug nuts on steel wheels recommended.
- BRAKES: Must be steel, unaltered, OEM operative, four wheel disc or drum brakes, and match year, make and model of car used. OEM master cylinder only, in OEM location. No brake shut off or bias adjuster. Steel brake lines only.
- EXHAUST: Exhaust manifold must be unaltered, OEM for year, make and model of car used. Smog pump, catalytic converter and air conditioning compressor may be removed. Exhaust must turn toward ground. No exhaust in driver compartment.
- WEIGHT: No ballast (extra weight) of any kind allowed. Any item deemed as ballast will be required to be removed.
- BATTERY/STARTER: One 12 volt battery only. Must be securely mounted with positive terminal covered. Battery must be in Marine type case if mounted in driver compartment. OEM starter only, must be in OEM location. Car must leave initial staging area on demand, unaided, or go to rear of that race.
- GUAGES/ELECTRONICS: No unapproved cameras, transmitting or listening devices (exception is one-way Race Receiver radio by officials). 12 volt ignition system only. No ignition boxes. No performance chips. All ignition components must be unaltered, OEM and match year, make and model of car used. Aftermarket analog tach, oil pressure and water temp gauges only. Vehicle computer (ECU) should be mounted in accessible location for inspection.
- FUEL SYSTEM: Must have complete, unaltered, OEM fuel system for year, make and model of car used. Gasoline only, maximum 93 octane. No E85. No performance additives, Gas tank ahead of rear axle allowed. Gas tank shield recommended. Gas tank behind rear axle must be replaced with maximum eight gallon fuel cell and relocated to trunk area. Must mount with minimum two solid steel straps around entire cell, two inches wide and 0.125 inch thick, Metal firewall or cell cover must be between driver and cell. Fuel cell vent, including cap vent, must have check valve. If racing fuel cell does not have aircraft style positive seal filler neck/cap system-a flapper, spring or ball type filler rollover valve is required. External electric fuel pump wired to the ignition switch allowed with aftermarket fuel cell. No cool cans. No fuel lines through driver compartment. Aftermarket fresh air pipe and air filter allowed, but no ram air.
- TRANSMISSION: Must use OEM, unaltered transmission that came in year, make and model of car used. All forward and reverse gears must be operational. Flywheel, flex plate, clutch assembly and torque converter must be unaltered, OEM for year, make and model of car used. No mini clutches or couplers. Must have inspection hole in bell housing (accessible from top). No transmission coolers in driver compartment, No torque dividing final drive. No locked differentials.
- ENGINE COMPARTMENT: Engine and radiator must be OEM, in OEM location for year, make and model of car used, May use solid engine mounts or safety chains. No accumulators/accusumps. Fire wall extension between hood and firewall.
- ENGINE: 3 or 4 cylinder in-line only, Recommended: double overhead cam All engine components must be unaltered OEM for year, make and model of car used, must match V.I.N. Must use OEM crank, rods, valve sizes, stroke, etc. No aftermarket racing heads, No high performance or sport car engines of any kind. No turbo charged, super charged, rotary engines, or engines utilizing variable cam-timing, V Tech, eco tech. 140 HP Maximum.
- RACEceiver and Transponders are required.
- Minimum age for driver is 13 yrs old.
AMENDMENTS TO THESE RULES MAY BE MADE AT ANY TIME IF CERTAIN TYPES OF CARS ARE DOMINATING.
If it is not in the rules does not make it legal. Call and ask for advice as it is free.
Remember this is entry level racing. These are not race cars, these are cars we race.
Let’s get those cars together and come out for some fun.
Contact Rick Wark @ 403-843-2611 or text only @ 403-963-1584
Roy Keessar – text only @ 403-783-0092